Monday, September 28, 2009

Hopes and Dreams

Hello Readers,
I know I have been talking a lot about children and I think I will focus today's topic on the foundation of the family (Mom and Dad). Not to get into religion right now I must insert this one thing. God is the foundation on which my family is built. If Mom and Dad want to build a strong foundation for their family to thrive on they must be supported by our Father. A marriage is tested time and time again and I couldn't comprehend how one could stay together if it wasn't for God. If a husband and wife can pray together there is not one thing that can tear them apart. Enough said about that. I'd like to tell you that my marriage has a very good communication system. We love talking together, sharing our hopes and dreams of the future. You don't even have to have the same dream and desires but it helps. To have a goal to work for and dream about the future units a couple. It's something that they share together that is only theirs. Many couples start out their married life with little or no money. Hopes and dreams are all they have to see them through the rough times. In my whole 35 years of marriage (to the same man!) I have seen many of our friends and sister's and brother's marriages go through some of the hardest times possible and I can tell you that most of them withstood the storm. Some have went through the hardest thing a Mom and Dad should never have to go through and that is the death of a child. But I can tell you that through the grace of God and one day at a time they are coming out of it and they are closer then ever. Through their despair they never shut loved ones and friends out. Instead they let them in and have learned to lean on their family and friends. Infidelity is a hard one. It takes a strong couple to over come this and I can say I've seen it work. It takes a strong spouse to forgive and continue on and it can take even a stronger spouse to forgive themselves. Take it from me it's not worth anything that threatens the trust between a husband and wife and I have no sympathy for anyone who tries to come between a husband and wife! So many people don't have any respect for a married couple commitment and that's a shame. We should honor their commitment especially if it involves the lives of children. My belief is that every child deserves a happy home. I did not say wealthy homes, I mean hot meals, clean house, and parents that will love, nurture and protect them. That's not asking too much, don't you think? You may not have had a great childhood yourself but that should never stop you from giving one to your child. It just takes a little work and commitment on your part. For those of you who are single I would like to say take your time in picking your spouse. Get to know them, inside and out, their wants, desires and dreams. So many people make their marriage decisions too quickly. That's because they don't realize that this will be a lifetime commitment. I'd like to end this post on a lighter note. Marriage is like the Wizard of Oz, get to know the man behind the curtain before you buy into the whole Emerald City dream. Till next time may your dreams you share bring you closer together.... Aunt Onie

No comments:

Post a Comment