Monday, December 14, 2009

An Imaginary Life



During this festive time of year a person can start to believe that all your dreams are possible. I am here to tell you that I have had a dream and imaginary life that has kept my poor husband on his toes for years.

During my 35 year marriage I can now admit to all that there has been another man in my life. He is rich and owns his own multi-million dollar company, has his own private jet and commands attention wherever he goes. He has sent me red roses on numerous occasions and I keep his picture framed above my computer screen for all to see. You see I have been having a torrid affair with Victor Newman, CEO of Newman Enterprise's (The Young and The Restless Soap Opera).

My husband has been patient through this ordeal and is dealing with this other high power man in my life as best he can. When ever bills are tight and Larry and I argue all I have to do is bring up Victor Newman's name. With the day to day grind of bills, work schedules and taking out the trash Larry knows that at any given moment Victors private helicopter can swoop down in our back yard (right next to the fire pit) and whisk me away to Paris for lunch. Victor has given me so much during many a harsh winter, beginning with beautiful gowns, fine dining at the best New York restaurants and all the Broadway plays I would eve want to see! He has blatantly shown me off to all his socialite friends and quite simply he adores me. He does however knows that my heart belongs to Larry and patiently waits for me to come to my senses and leave Larry one day. This thought keeps Larry on his toes and a leery eye to the sky for Victor's private jet.

In the mean time all my family knows about Victor and no one is ever surprised when celebrating my birthday at my favorite restaurant that red roses are mysteriously delivered to our table with just a small note attached. (See note above)

Even renewing our wedding vows on Larry and my 35 wedding anniversary Larry was still a little leery as all who attended kept one eye on the sky just in case Victor would show up. Victor has been a part of my imaginary life so much that I think Larry wouldn't be surprised at all if Victor really did show up! I believe every woman should have a imaginary life that they can retreat to when real life gets to be too much. It can put possibilities, hope and dreams in your marriage as well as a few laughs.

As for Victor, does he know that I even exist? Perhaps not, or does he? Larry will never know for sure. "Listen.....is that a jet I hear?????? May you fill your marriage with intrigue, mystery and love......Aunt Onie

3 comments:

  1. Ione,

    Say the words and I will come to your rescue! I never thought the day would come that you admitt your love for me to your readers! Let me save you from your life with that man and his horrible hair and stinky feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Victor,
    I would love to run away with you but I have to feed the dogs, shampoo the carpet and write Christmas cards.....but maybe next year??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victor doesn't know what he's missing or does he? Only the shadow knows for sure.....You do go missing once in awhile :)

    ReplyDelete